Life and Times of the Martian Manhunter

Friday, July 14, 2006

Special 100th Post Edition! Will J'onn Survive the Astral Plane?

J'onn Chapter 4

Well, after Cyclops finally decided which X-Men to take with him (and it took several days) we took off in the Blackbird into the astral plane. As we were warping through the dimensions I began to get strange visions. A creature made of grass's silloute floated above me. It began to overload my mind.

I fell to the floor with my hands on my head mental images were abound and it began overloading with strange and doubtful statements.

"Programming is keeping blog run... cheat on the part of Heroes (?) United... two Universal Timelines... oreo-addict... just got out of rehab on Oa with no memory of creating the Life and Times of the Martian Manhunter... letting Synth-J'onn take over for him as a member of Heroes United... Synth-J'onn... Synth-J'onn... Synth-J'onn...!"

I began to yell these statements as I was rolling in pain on the floor. Cyclops heard my tormented yelling. "Hey what's going on back there? It takes some serious talent and concentration to drive this plane, so I can't bother to check up on you." he rudely said.

The torment continued...

"Infinite Crisis... realism... grim problems... confined to one universe... Ace faces pet abuse... has fleas..." My mind couldn't take much more of this insanity. I began to howl in pain.

"It can't be that bad, J'onn! Warbird, go check on him!" Cyclops barked.

"He's stopped breathing, Scott." Carol reported.

"Did he breath in the first place?"

"Do I look like an expert on Martian physiology to you?"

"Well... no."

"Then don't ask!"

As we pulled into the Astral Zone, Carol and Scott continued bickering. As I gradually woke up, enlightened of myself being a false J'onn, I realised that this was going to be one difficult mission...

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Counters