Life and Times of the Martian Manhunter

Thursday, June 08, 2006

DC is for the Weak.

Has anyone else noticed that almost all Silver Age DC Heroes have an achilles heel? Supes (I'm sorry John Byrne. I know how much you hate nicknames being tacked on your characters.) has Kryptonite. Green Lantern Hal Jordan has yellow. (So do the rest for that matter... except for Alan "Not really a Green Lantern but I call myself one anyway" Scott.) Aquaman has water. I have fire. (Why did I never just turn into, say, the weaknessless Flash, and not be menaced by it? Don't ask me...) Bizarros have blue krytonite (thanks for the picture, Corbiscide.), and probably more I can't remember.

Marvel on the other hand has zero weaknesses for most of their characters. Their people are supposedly only weakened by their uncanny need to go on a date whenever there is trouble (then again, the same thing happens to DC people.) Well, I'll see you either later today, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Bizarro returns Monday, for more Bizarro week.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Counters